By now we all know that mother nature has brought us some amazing products to help us making our life easier. But Did you know that there are amazing foods out there which will support you by slowing down the aging process or even let you look younger. If you are looking for a list of the best anti aging foods, then here are some things that you might want to consider:
- Avocado is known to promote younger looking skin. Many people think that avocado is fattening but what they do not know is that the said fruit is actually high in monounsaturated fat which help reduces cholesterol level in the body. Avocado is a popular source of Vitamin E, which is very essential for keeping your skin smooth and young. Avocado also contains potassium which prevents high blood pressure.
- Berries are also known as the best anti-aging antioxidants. Most berries especially blackberries, blueberries, blackcurrants contain phytochemicals which are very powerful antioxidants. We all know that antioxidants help protect your body against the damage caused by free radicals so these fruits are very important for anti-aging nutrition. Red grape is technically not a berry, but it has similar properties.
- Carrots are known as one of the best sources of beta carotene known for cancer protection. We all know that carrots are known to be excellent source of beta carotene which is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight aging as well as some other diseases. According to most research, people who eat one medium carrot a day would significantly help in reducing the risks of lung cancer. Beta carotene also keeps your vision sharp thereby protecting your eyes from age related diseases. Carrots give you a lot of healthy benefits if eaten uncooked.
- Fish is a good source for protein and Omega 3 fats. You have to understand that your body needs quality proteins and some good fat, which is why it is much better to take fish as a source of protein and not red meat. Fish supplies us with Omega 3 fatty acids which help stimulate the immune system and it also help lower the risk of heart disease. There are some studies that have shown that people who eat a lot of fish have lower risk of colorectal, esophageal as well as stomach cancers.
- Nuts are also known to help boost your immune system. Eating raw nuts are known to be very high in fiber and are also a good source of vitamins potassium, zinc, iron, magnesium, copper and selenium. These things help control cholesterol level and strengthen your immune system. Just make sure to minimize your intake of nuts since they are high in fat, so a couple table spoons a day is good but not more. You have to bear in mind that raw nuts are good anti-aging food which is why you have to avoid eating salted and roasted nuts, they do more damage to your health than bring benefits.
These are just some of the best anti aging foods that you need to include in your diet so you would be able to have healthy eating habits.