When you want to track your social traffic on Pinterest, the best way to do it is to use the native analytics that the social media network offers.
Pinterest Web Analytics enables you to see the following:
* How many images have been pinned from your website
* How many people are pinning images from your website
* Which pins are being repinned
* How many visitors are repinning your pins
* How many impressions your pins received
* How many unique visitors looked at your pins
* How many times people clicked on your website from your Pinterest
* How many visitors clicked through to your website
* Most recent pins
* Most repinned pins
* Most clicked pins
* What your followers are into
* And more…
All of this information can be used to improve your Pinterest account and to do more of what is working and less of what is not working. The key to the Pinterest data is that the images must have originated on your own website for them to count in the metrics listed above. This is actually a good thing because the point of using Pinterest for business is to lead people back to your site, and pins that start at your site will lead back to your site.
You can learn a lot from this information to help improve your business. You can learn from pin insights, and act on them as soon as you want to. The whole point of looking at analytics is to do something about them, and Pinterest keeps improving their native analytics as they get feedback from Pinners.
Other Forms of Analytics
Other ways to study and track your social media traffic are to use other forms of analytics such as:
* Google Analytics – If you have Google Analytics on your website then you can look at traffic sources and see which social media is sending traffic to your website. You can also set up custom traffic referral specifically from Pinterest.
Link – http://www.google.com/analytics/
* Curalate – This service offers many features but one is to generate insights into images, including those shared on Pinterest.
Link – http://www.curalate.com/
* Piqora – This website offers a scheduler as well as analytics to help you make sure your images are generating a return on investment for your business.
Link – http://www.piqora.com/
* Octopin – This service helps with every aspect of your Pinterest marketing, including finding your images “out there” which don’t mention your brand.
Link – http://www.octopin.com/
* Tailwind – This is a fully-featured Pinterest management system. It helps schedule pins based on an algorithm to determine when it’s the right time to put the pins up, in addition to analytics.
Link – http://www.tailwindapp.com/
Using these tools to help you make Pinterest and other social media work for your business is an important part of social media marketing. If Pinterest is going to be a large part of your social media marketing efforts, one of these tools will make everything easier.